When you are a one income family, every extra penny helps. A few extra dollars here and there can help with the grocery bill or even the buy a little something extra for you or your kids. But with a busy schedule, it can be a little difficult to make that extra money. Here are 5 ways to help make a little extra money in your spare time.
- Take online surveys. I know. This one gets thrown around a lot and it’s notorious for scams, but there are some legit ones out there. They are definitely not get rich quick opportunities, but they are good for a few extra bucks each month. I particularly like PaidViewpoint and InstantCashSweepstakes. And yes, those are both my referral links so I do get bonuses if you sign up. Both are super easy to use and don’t ask for a ridiculous amount of personal information.
- Sell crafts. If you can sew, knit, crochet, do woodwork, make jewelry or any other craft-type service, you can sell your wares online. Etsy.com is probably the best known, and most used crafty website. This route does require a little bit of startup funds; your supplies and the Etsy site fees are probably the biggest ones you will face.
- Start a freelance business. Can you write? Take photos? Make cakes? Landscape the heck out of a yard? If you have a marketable skill, you can start a freelance business. You can easily start your own website to show potential clients your samples, and start marketing and sharing your website where ever and whenever you can.
- Monetize your blog. Do you already have a blog to document your everyday adventures? Use it to generate a little extra money by adding Google Adsense ads or Amazon Associates ads to your website. Simply sign up for an account, get the html code for the ad, and paste it into your widgets.
- Tutor. Do you have a skill or deep knowledge that you could share? Maybe you’re good at math. Or you play a mean tune on the piano. Market yourself as an afterschool tutor. You can have students come to your home, or if you can break away from your home, meet them elsewhere. Post ads on Craigslist or on your local market bulletin board. If you aren’t keen on tutoring locally, you can tutor online. This route does require a video cam and a quiet home, and let’s face it; if you’re a parent you probably don’t have the second one.
A few extra dollars here and there can be beneficial for a one income family. Try any of these 5 ideas to help you make extra money from home and in your spare time.
Do you have any other tips for making money? Leave a comment and share it.